Hello! I’m delighted to meet you.
I’m Janet Conner – a writer, soul-community creator, poet, and spiritual field guide – but first and always, a deep soul explorer. Since I stumbled upon how to activate a divine Voice by slipping into the theta brain wave state while writing, I have dedicated myself to exploring and sharing what it means to live at the vibrant intersection of the visible and the invisible.
In my signature series, Your Soul Wants Five Things, readers and course members are gently guided as they embody the mystical practices of writing at the soul level, living sacred values, serving a divine purpose, expressing beauty, and creating fertile conditions that nourish an abundant life.
Every week, I am blessed to interview internationally renowned spiritual authors and mystics on my Unity Online radio show, The Soul-Directed Life. This year, we’re conducting a radical experiment. We’re not just talking about prayer, the show is a prayer: The 9 Containers of Love.
I live in as much silence and solitude as possible in Ozona, a tiny Florida town on the Gulf of Mexico. I am currently writing Express Your Soul’s Beauty, the final book in the Your Soul Wants Five Things series, and nurturing several soul communities including: the 1 of Hearts, the Mystical Fools Society, and the communities exploring all my courses. And, of course, I await the next adventures in The Mystic with an open heart and open hands.
My Beating Heart
The Sacred Desires of My Heart and Joys of My Life
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin said, “We are spiritual beings exploring a human experience.” These are the divine-human explorations that set my heart on fire. If they set your heart on fire, too, let’s explore the fields of soul … together.
- To have a full-sensory experience of life through my visible and invisible senses.
- To have an intimate relationship with the Divine.
- To experience the mystical life as normal, ordinary, expected.
- To become a container strong enough to embody the Divine Feminine.
- To open the creative gates and express my soul’s beauty to the full.
- To nourish my whole being with deeply personal mystical practices.
- To explore the mystics and mystical teachings of multiple traditions.
- To explore the fields of the soul with soul communities that listen one another into being.
My Core Truths
Some of the Deep Truths I’ve Learned on My Journey
- You do not have a soul; you are a soul. This changes everything.
- Everyone has direct and immediate access to the voice of Spirit – and you can learn many, many ways to activate it.
- You were born a mystic. It is your natural state.
- Spiritual practices are the technologies of the soul.
- The soul takes nothing for granted – nothing. Everything and everyone can be a holy, helpful, loving messenger.
- I am not your teacher. I do not have your answers, nor does anyone else. So who is your teacher? You, your life, your Self, your soul, your divine Voice, your angels and guides, and the mystics and masters who have walked this path to union with the One.
- We think the path is obscure, but it’s not. Poets, saints, mystics, and masters of all traditions and times have left trails upon trails of delightful clues!
- Our world values measurement, performance, and left-brain logic. But the heart is thousands of times wiser than the brain. Your spiritual heart is your primary organ of discernment and intelligence.
- There is a Presence inside you. When you pray, the divine Presence is praying. When you love, the divine Presence is loving.
- The Divine lives in paradox.
- You are guided. Always. You can trust the mystery, even when you don’t understand it.
- We live in a conscious universe that is more mystical and magical than we can imagine, and yet – wonder of wonders – our individual selves are connected with all that is. Using our innate soul talents, we can create a soul-directed life that is authentic, beautiful, abundant and overflowing with joy.
- Life is sacred. The world is sacred. Everything is holy!
The True Meaning of a Soul-Directed Life
The Closest Thing to a Description I Have Come Across
The sweetest and clearest description of a soul-directed life came from Mary Anne Radmacher, the innovative artist and prolific author, when she was a guest expert in my Soul Expression course. I asked her to describe how she is so creative and she said:
“My work is my play and my play is my work and everything – everything – is prayer.”
Her words stopped me in my tracks. Here, in one sentence, is the secret to the soul-directed life. I have held this mantra in my heart ever since.
If these core truths and ways of being are resonating in your spiritual heart, please join me in Your Soul Wants Five Things and create your own soul-directed life.