This August, Plug In for Writers opens for the 9th year!
Each year, the course expands and evolves as my own writing career blossoms. And evolve it has. This year, The Soul Discovery Coloring Book was released in March, and I’ve just turned in the fourth book in the Your Soul Wants Five Things Series – Find Your Soul’s Purpose: Discover Who You Are, Remember Why You Came, Live a Life You Love – scheduled for release in 2017.
With each book, I discover new and better ways to succeed at this wild, crazy, delicious writing life. It takes 2 very different abilities: vibrant creativity to create something fresh, coupled with a practical understanding of how the publishing game is played. And that’s what Plug In for Writers is all about. I created this course in 2010 to crack the mysterious door of publishing and invite you into the party.
Plug In for Writers is unique. It is the only in-depth exploration of how to write in “The Intersection” between the craft of writing and profound spiritual practices that nourish a successful writing life.
The course is divided into three sections.
1. In the first section – The Work Before the Work - you will learn specific spiritual practices that activate, expand, and nourish creativity. Most are available nowhere else. For example:
- The Great Writer Meditation to remove blocks in your chakras
- Your Spiritual Brand—the critical foundation of a writing career
- Your Neighborhood and The Publishing Grid—the agent, publisher, and audience aligned with your message
2. In the second section – The Work – you will meet all my publishing partners who have guided me to three books and two journals in print, two books under contract, six-year dominance in my Amazon category, and a successful radio show.
3. In the third section – Immersion – Five Saturday afternoon working sessions have been worked into the course to allow sufficient time to understand some of the more complicated nuances of becoming a successful writer.
Who are you?
You could write non-fiction, fiction, YA, poetry, drama, screenplays …
Your medium could be print, digital, speaking, coaching, radio …
You could be seeking representation, traditional publishing or self publishing.
The practices and publishing expertise work no matter what your message or how it gets into the world. Members have finished their novels, found agent representation, signed publishing contracts, completed their proposals, built their author platforms, started speaking professionally, created blogs, hosted radio shows, and self published.
If there is a book or other expression waiting to be born through you, please join me. I love the writing life and it is my great joy to see another writer fall in love with it, too! I invite you to Plug into The Intersection, and become the creative force you came here to be.