THROUGH THE LUNAR LOOKING GLASS PRAYER INTENSIVE
We step into a new lunar year on April 11 at Aries 22⁰ 25’ with
the Chandra symbol: “A bottle labeled drink me.”
What is Through the Lunar Looking Glass prayer intensive?
Through the Lunar Looking Glass is an unusual prayer intensive designed to bring us into intimate communion with our Mother, the Moon.
The moon herself has orchestrated the timing:
- We open with a celebratory moon tea on Sunday, April 11, the first day of a new lunar year, to celebrate the ancient circular time rhythms that have guided humanity throughout time, and open to day 1 of a 13 cycle dance with the mystical wisdom of this lunar year
- In this moon-guided intensive, we will be together for one complete lunar cycle, dark moon to dark moon, so we can begin to feel her movement in our own bodies
- In perfect synchronicity, our weekly gatherings come in syncopated rhythms under her waxing, full, and waning phases, each nurtured by one of the 4 elements
- We will complete our intensive with a final moon tea on Sunday, May 9, gathering in joy to celebrate our adventures in Through the Lunar Looking Glass
There are many ways to drink the moon, to open to the magic of cycles and harvesting gratitude for our sacred seeds of intention. Get to know how the moon speaks to you. Join us as we explore the moon through the looking glass in all her phases and answer her dare to come and drink me!
What themes will be illuminated in our time together?
In this intensive we will:
- develop and deepen our personal and collective relationship with the moon and lunar time
- cultivate a personal practice of listening to the moon and to our intuition
- explore how the moon invites us to drink the mystery of her “soma nectar”
Opening Moon Tea on Sunday April 11
In our opening tea we will talk about:
- What do you love about the moon?
- What is time? How does seeing time as circular, ever-repeating lunar cycles, alter your experience away from the linear way time is dictated by our solar calendars?
- What do you begin to see when you realize lunar cycles echo backwards and forwards?
- After Lewis Carroll's book Through the Looking-Glass was published in 1871, looking glass came to also mean "the opposite of what is normal or expected." The image is reversed in the looking glass.
- What does this Chandra symbol of “a bottle labeled drink me” portend?
Week One: The Moon as a Seed
Crescent Moon: hearing the call and bringing seeds of intention to life
- What does the moon need?
- Where does the moon live in your body?
- Noticing your personal orbits and playing with the polarities
- How can you be a bridge from linear to lunar time?
Earth Moon: Tending to the garden and trusting the unfolding
Week Two: The Moon as a Guide
First Quarter Moon: Creating at the crossroads
- How can we navigate the tides of the lunar cycle and honor all the phases?
- What are the cycles within cycles?
- What are you opening up to? How are you drinking the moon?
Fire Moon: Igniting the light in our eyes to see in the dark
Week Three: The Moon as a Looking Glass
Full Moon: Cultivating our capacity
- How is the moon like a looking glass?
- Discovering the symmetry and irregularities of the lunar cycle
- What is coming to fruition from six lunar cycles ago?
Water Moon: Flowing in the depths of nourishment
Week Four: The Moon as an Ancestor
Last Quarter Moon: Reflecting and releasing
- Who is the Moon? Expanding on the maiden, mother, death crone archetypes
- What is the wisdom of waning?
- Creating a sacred grief practice
- Disappearing with the moon and surrendering to impermanence
Air Moon: Communicating and connecting through the lunar airwaves
Closing Moon Tea on Sunday, May 9
We complete our lunar cycle gathering once more to sip tea and share the elixirs we have received in this first lunar cycle dance.
Four 2 1/4-hour live sessions plus two ceremonial Moon Teas with April McMurtry, creator of The Moon is My Calendar and Janet Conner, prayer artist and mystic witch
Opening Moon Tea: Sunday, April 11, 2-3:30 pm Eastern
Session1: Tuesday, April 13, 7-9:15 pm Eastern—The Moon as a seed
Session 2: Tuesday, April 20, 7-9:15 pm Eastern—The Moon as a guide
Session 3: Tuesday, April 27, 7-9:15 pm Eastern—The Moon as a looking glass
Session 4: Tuesday, May 4, 7-9:15 pm Eastern—The Moon as an ancestor
Closing Moon Tea: Sunday, May 9, 2-3:30 pm Eastern
During this intensive, the US and Europe will be on Daylight time.
If you are an international student, use this tool to convert time zones. Watch parties for the 4 teaching sessions will be held at times convenient for members in UK and European time zones. The Sunday Moon Teas at 2 pm Eastern are at 7 or 8 pm in the UK and Europe, making it possible for our friends in Europe to attend live.
All sessions are recorded in both video and audio formats and available for viewing within 24 hours
What will you receive?
Invitations to all 6 live sessions
Access to a password-protected resource page with recordings of all sessions in both video and audio formats, plus bonus videos and PDF Handbooks with support material and resources for this intensive.
- Sample pages from April's 2021 New Moon Calendar Journal to work with throughout the intensive as well as discounts on the full calendar.
Bonus videos include:
- “How to find your lunar birthday and celebrate its constant return” with April McMurtry
- “What is The Moon is My Calendar and how does it help us practice self-study in relationship to cycles” with April McMurtry
- “How I use The Moon is My Calendar and the surprises she reveals!” with Janet Conner and April McMurtry
- “The Lunar Looking Glass” Sacred Anointing Oil and Anointing practice with Emma Kupu Mitchell, who receives plant and mystical guidance on the content of the oils in alignment with the sacred prayer embedded in each intensive, along with Janet Conner, who receives guidance on the anointing practice itself (Note: purchase of the oil from Emma is optional, you can use any oil you love during the anointing)
- “Seven Steps to Get Into Theta” on how to drop into the theta brainwave state while writing with Janet Conner
- Theta Music to support you in your soul writing and other threshold experiences
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group (optional)
This intensive offers 2 Moon Teas in addition to 4 teaching sessions, but Janet and April are not increasing the standard 2021 registration fees. Please consider the Moon Teas as little gifts from Mother Moon.
If you require financial assistance, Janet and April invite you to choose the self-selected scholarship option.
If you do not require a scholarship and wish to support this initiative which has made it possible for hundreds of people to join Janet’s intensives, please consider adding a scholarship to your regular registration.
$ 221 if this is your first intensive in 2021
$ 176 if you have been in 1 or more intensives in 2021
$ 140 self-selected scholarship
Janet Conner is a prayer artist, mystic witch, deep soul explorer, field guide in The Mystic, and mistress of the threshold between worlds—the mystical theta brain wave state. But first and always, Janet is a devoted daughter of the Feminine Divine and Original Prayer. In 2020, Janet was called to acknowledge that she is—and probably always has been—a mystic witch. Upon receiving this awareness, Janet enthusiastically embraced the sacred call to transmute witch from a word that strikes terror into a title that awakens a bone-deep memory of walking in wonder in a world that is sacred, beautiful, and alive. In June 2021, she will launch a truly radical prayer experience, The Return of The Witches: Jeanne d’Arc Listening Novena.
Janet’s first book, Writing Down Your Soul, became a bestseller, followed by The Lotus and The Lily, Soul Vows, Find Your Soul’s Purpose and more. When “Prayer Artist” came calling in February of 2018, Janet found herself writing a whole new genre of prayer as love songs, redefining prayer altogether, and leading radical prayer intensives with fellow female mystics. She launched the Praying at the Speed of Love podcast to host intimate conversations with authors and teachers about their private prayer lives. Although she can hear the trees in the Hudson River Valley whispering her name, for now Janet lives with silence, solitude, and joy in the tiny town of Ozona, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.
April McMurtry (she/her) is a mother, a creative visionary, lunar guide, a certified Dream Coach®, and the founder of THE MOON IS MY CALENDAR, LLC. April is the creatress of the New Moon Calendar Journal and the Moon Mandala Wall Calendar. Her work reflects her passion for nature-based cycles and creative expression.
April loves to support people on the path of growth and transformation through self-study in relationship with cycles and taking action on their dreams. She is interested in exploring how personal healing work is connected to our relationship with Mother Earth. Her ancestors primarily came from Ireland and England and she continues to learn about lineage, legacy, and liberation.
With a background in Youth Leadership, Girls’ Education, Intuitive Art, and Mediation - April has more than twenty years experience working in education as a classroom teacher, workshop facilitator, and program coordinator at home and abroad. She has lived in many parts of Latin America and taught Spanish and Art before hearing the language of the Moon. This is the poetry of her soul.
In this magical and mystical prayer intensive, April is excited to help you awaken your own personal lunar language and drink in the wisdom of the moon.
Emma Kupu Mitchell
Emma has been a practitioner of holistic therapies for over 30 years, including clinical Aromatherapy, Ayurveda, Depth Numerology, Elemental Astrology with an emphasis on the Moon, Yoga Nidra, and Sound Healing. Emma uses her extensive knowledge of ancient healing practices to create unique sound- infused sacred anointing oils and tinctures aligning with your natal chart and the “sacred geometry” of YOU.
Emma’s passion over the last 5- 6 years has been in elemental and shamanic astrology (particularly the lunar/moon wisdom) studying with amazing teachers which has enabled a deeper level of wisdom and understanding of her own life and her work with clients. Emma brings the vibrations and ancient mysteries of the celestial skies down to earth and interweaves these teachings in a unique approach with depth numerology through the lineage of Pythagoras.
I believe Hawaii called me (all the way from England!) to this ancient energetic land – the heart chakra of Mother Earth, the perfect location to hear the senses of our Souls and to be in harmony with nature and our natural rhythms. It is with deep gratitude that I continue to share the “mana” of these beautiful islands through my work today as a soul medicine artist guiding you back to wholeness - helping you hear and live the music, beauty, and wisdom of your Soul.
Have questions? Contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-772-1118 between 1pm and 5pm Eastern