Take Back the Magic
Take Back the Dead
What is the Take Back the Magic, Take Back the Dead On-Demand prayer intensive?
Everyone has psychic abilities, but we live in a culture where we have been taught to mistrust our natural intuitions and fear what were once everyday conversations with the dead. How do we recover our lost relationship with our ancestors? How do we summon them and receive their messages? Why have various religions tried to keep women (and men) from this sacred work?
Together we will explore the forgotten powers of the dead and how they can lead us to the realms of magic and miracles. Take Back the Magic is an invitation to intimacy and healing with the dead and the lived experience that none of us is ever alone and no one is ever lost to us.
What questions will we explore?
The Dark, the Dirt, and the Dead - Questions we will explore together:
- Who are the dead?
- Where are they?
- How do we overcome our fear of the dead?
- How do we summon them?
- Who do we include? And what about the “difficult dead!”
Circles of Belonging - Questions we will explore together:
- What happens when we think of life going in a circle instead of a line?
- What happens when we begin to live in the long story of our souls?
- How do we access the gifts and teachings of other lives?
- How do we call in the dead from other lives?
The Courage to Reclaim the Ways of Our Ancestral Grandmothers -Questions we will explore together:
- Before religion, our ancestors sought the guidance of their ancestors. Why do we no longer do this?
- Why were women forbidden from talking to the dead for centuries?
- What happened to women who did?
- How do we reclaim our innate psychic abilities?
In a mystical sacred celebration, we will share our Altars to our Ancestors, prayers, discoveries, stories, dreams, and miracles
What will you receive?
Recordings of all four sessions.
Access to a password-protected resource page with recordings of all sessions in both video and audio formats, plus bonus videos and PDF Handbooks with support material and resources for this intensive
Bonus videos include:
- “The Garden of Reverence” Sacred Anointing Oil and Anointing practice with Emma Kupu Mitchell, who receives plant and mystical guidance on the content of the oils in alignment with the sacred prayer embedded in each intensive, along with Janet Conner, who receives guidance on the anointing practice itself (Note: purchase of the oil from Emma is optional, you can use any oil you love during the anointing)
- Seven Steps to Get Into Theta on how to drop into the theta brainwave state while writing with Janet Conner
- Theta Music to support you in your soul writing and any other creative experiences
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group (optional)
Perdita Finn has been working with the dead intimately for over two decades. She is the co-author with Suzan Saxman of The Reluctant Psychic (St. Martin’s, 2015) to whom she owes a debt of gratitude for helping her reclaim her own intuitive powers. She and her husband, Clark Strand, are the founders of The Way of the Rose, an international community of friends devoted to the Lady “by any name you want to call Her” as well as the authors of The Way of the Rose: The Radical Path of the Divine Feminine Hidden in the Rosary (Spiegel & Grau, 2019.) Perdita began her career as a high school English teacher and trained teachers in curriculum development at Columbia University. Creating accessible and empowering learning adventures for people of all ages and inclinations has been her life’s work. She is the author of the forthcoming Take Back the Magic: Getting to Know the Dead.
Janet Conner is a prayer artist, mystic witch, deep soul explorer, field guide in The Mystic, and mistress of the threshold between worlds—the mystical theta brain wave state. But first and always, Janet is a devoted daughter of the Feminine Divine and Original Prayer. In 2020, Janet was called to acknowledge that she is—and probably always has been—a mystic witch. Upon receiving this awareness, Janet enthusiastically embraced the sacred call to transmute witch from a word that strikes terror into a title that awakens a bone-deep memory of walking in wonder in a world that is sacred, beautiful, and alive. In June 2021, she will launch a truly radical prayer experience, The Return of The Witches: Jeanne d’Arc Listening Novena.
Janet’s first book, Writing Down Your Soul, became a bestseller, followed by The Lotus and The Lily, Soul Vows, Find Your Soul’s Purpose and more. When “Prayer Artist” came calling in February of 2018, Janet found herself writing a whole new genre of prayer as love songs, redefining prayer altogether, and leading radical prayer intensives with fellow female mystics. She launched the Praying at the Speed of Love podcast to host intimate conversations with authors and teachers about their private prayer lives. Although she can hear the trees in the Hudson River Valley whispering her name, for now Janet lives with silence, solitude, and joy in the tiny town of Ozona, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.
Have questions? Contact Janet at email@example.com or 727-772-1118 between 1pm and 5pm Eastern