Ignite Your Soul’s Power for 2023
Ignite Your Soul’s Power for 2023
A Winter Solstice Ritual, Meditation, and Star Infusion
Our 3rd annual Winter Solstice gathering
Deep Soul Writing
For three years, Rabbi and Kabbalah scholar, Tirzah Firestone, and shamanic astrologer and depth numerologist, Emma Kupu Mitchell, and I have invited you to sit around a virtual fire on the Sunday before the Winter Solstice as we open our inner ears and sacred hearts to hear Solstice sing her song. This passage—from the dark and cold of the longest Winter night (in the Northern Hemisphere) to a silent dawn breathing whisps of sunlight that promise the return of Spring—is always pregnant with possibility. But in all the commercial commotion swirling around our various winter holidays, it’s easy to miss the moment. And let the song go unheard.
But we need this song. We need this song on this Winter Solstice more than ever.
The Equinoxes and Solstices mark four sacred moments when our mother the Earth, our father the Sun, and our grandmother the Moon invite us to step into resonance with them, listening as they sing the eternal truth of the Sacred Feminine: life begets death, death begets rebirth. Turning and returning. We are born and reborn into Love. This is Her eternal truth.
This is the song our pre-patriarchal ancestors knew. This is the sacred song of all life—animal, plant, human. We need this song. We need this song this December, more than ever. Because this Winter Solstice is a threshold moment, not just for the rebirth of the light to welcome one new year, but for a rebirth we have been longing for thousands of years.
All the celestial portents point to a sacred transition from the death throes of the Age of Pisces with all its domination, conflict, struggle, and misogyny to the dawn of the Age of Aquarius with all its radiant possibilities. Many of us have been singing about “the dawning of the Age of Aquarius” for years. And now, we stand on the cusp. In the coming year and beyond, we are called to contemplate whole new ways of living in harmony, equality, and joy. Birthing new ways of living requires quantum leaps in consciousness. Something patriarchal systems and political leaders are unwilling to do and actually incapable of doing.
So, who will do this holy birthing work?
Who will ask the questions that must be asked?
Who will explore the possibilities?
Who will join hands and pray a new world into being?
We will. Each one of us. Each one of us is needed. Each one of our lights is needed.
Join Rabbi Tirzah, celestial songstress Emma, and me at this glorious birthing moment. Together, we will activate and amplify our lights as we:
- Create sacred space with invocation and prayer
- Pause to look back at 2022, acknowledging all that has happened
- Consider the ramifications of the massive shifts happening in our solar system:
- Pluto is making his third and final pass on the natal point of the US in Capricorn, asking us what we have learned about power structures and power over and power under
- Jupiter, the planet of expansion, is at 0° of Aries, activating the world axis point, infusing us with massive initiation energy and conscious expansion
- Mars is deep in retrograde asking us to redefine our relationship with the Yang, the masculine, and stale ways of using power
- Mercury is preparing to retrograde to close out this momentous year—perfect cap to an intense year of preparation
- In deep soul writing and meditation, we will explore two critical questions for this Solstice moment:
- What gifts and greatness do I want to amplify?
- How do I choose to redefine my personal power and will?
- In a closing embodiment practice, we will bring Jupiter into our hearts and Mars into our Solar Plexis, as we offer our light and our soul power in welcome to the year to come
Sunday, December 18, 2022
2:00-3:48PM Eastern—108 minutes
1 Central, 12 Mountain, 11A Pacific, 10A Alaska, 9A Hawaii, 3P Atlantic, 7P UK, 8P Europe, 9P Finland, wee hours in the Pacific Rim
Check the time in your home on this world clock
The live gathering will be recorded and available to all registrants on a pass-word protected resource page within 24 hours. In addition, Emma Kupu Mitchell is offering a special crystal sound meditation for the Solstice, Tirzah is offering a recorded meditation for the actual Solstice Day, and Janet is offering two of her prayer artist prayers.