The ART of Becoming a Witch 3 Prayer Intensive
$54.00 – $513.00
What we will explore together in
The A.R.T. of Becoming a Witch:
How to Awaken, Remember, and Trust
The Power, Beauty, and Joy of Original Prayer
- Why we are called to become Whole and Holy Witches
- Invocations: Archangels Luci and Michael, Joan of Arc, Our Lady Queen of Magicians, 7 Oracles
- Story of Mystica InnerVersity, our 7 original WitchArts, The Witch Sequence, and the 7 dragons
- Why Original Prayer is our 3rd gift: chakra, numerology, triad
- Meet Origina: The Memory of Prayer
- Introduction to the ancient 7-circuit labyrinth
- Make a finger labyrinth and walk it together
- Full body anointing: Mystic Family, Cast a Circle, A Magician’s Anointing Spell, Her Garden of Reverence
To prepare ourselves for deep alchemy, we open each Learning Gathering creating Sacred Space with all our senses, then invoke Archangels Luci and Michael, Joan of Arc, and the 7 Oracles. We share a full body anointing that includes A Mystic Family Call, Casting a Circle, Invitation to Anoint, A Magician’s Anointing Spell, and ends as we plant the seed of Her Garden of Reverence in our hearts. The icing on the cake of this rich preparation section is an Oracle message through Cathy Pratt.
We then explore a lie about prayer and a beautiful truth, experiment with creating new prayer forms, embody a prayer artist prayer, make and walk a 7-circuit labyrinth, and drop into theta for deep soul writing. All Learning Gatherings end with an ancient prayer, The Blessing of Isis.
To bring what we learn to life, we gather a few days later for an experiential journey deep into the mystic.
Learning Gathering 1: WHO
Big Lie: be afraid, god is an external white male spewing laws and punishments
Beautiful Memory: be not afraid, the Mother is here, She is alive in all
- “Where’s god the Mother?” What happens when god changes gender and returns in our bodies? A whole new look at the Hanged (Wo)Man
- Who is your Beloved Feminine? How does addressing Her by name change the power and beauty of your prayers?
- Who is the original trinity? She who was, She who is, She who ever shall be
- Who is your Mystic Family? How do you recognize them? Call them? Work with them?
Prayer Artist prayer: “There You Are”
Prayers you will create: Mystic Family Call, your personal name for the Sacred Feminine
Experience 1: Journey to meet your beloved WHO
Learning Gathering 2: WHERE
Big Lie: you can only find god in a building
Beautiful Memory: prayer is alive in everything and everywhere—and in you
- Where did we pray before religion?
- Why did patriarchy destroy our spaces?
- Casting a Circle—an ancient, original prayer
- Labyrinths and tombs—the labyrinth reveals her ancient secrets through dreams
Pryer Artist prayer: “Love Songs”
Prayers you will create: Cast a Circle, make and walk 7-circuit labyrinths
Experience 2: Journey to remember WHERE you prayed, not just without, but within
Learning Gathering 3: WHAT
Big Lie: religion took the magic out of prayer to block women from experiencing the transcendental power of prayer
Beautiful Memory: I know how to pray. I have always known how to pray. I am prayer
- All prayers are spells. The root of the word witch means turning and twisting to infuse everything we make and do with prayer
- What prayer was once and again: redefining and restoring prayer to its central powerful role
- What happens when we sanctify images, statues, braids, bracelets, food, journals…by infusing them with prayer
- Prayer beads and mantras—an ancient way to pray
Prayer Artist prayer: “Do You Feel That Breeze”
Prayers you will create: your own Triple Goddess prayer
Experience 3: Share our personal prayers and infuse them into something precious
Learning Gathering 4: WHY
Big Lie: god holds grudges, seeks revenge, and doles out punishment
Beautiful Memory: the sweetness of freedom comes through the surprising power of forgiveness
- We think forgiveness is hard, if not impossible, but what if we are not the one forgiving?
- What happens when we realize we have been both the victim and the perpetrator in this life and in previous lives? Who are you if you choose to forgive?
- How do we forgive? What prayers are effective? Can we forgive the unforgivable?
- How does forgiveness affect our bodies and the morphic field through all time?
Prayer Artist prayer: “If I Forgave You”
Prayers you will create: a personal forgiveness prayer
Experience 4: Journey into a past life, meet someone who hurt you, and experience what happens if you make the decision to end that story and forgive through all time
Learning Gathering 5: HOW
Big Lie: prayer asks god to fix people; it’s selfish to pray for what you want
Beautiful Memory: praying for one is praying for all
- How do we get beyond the lie that it’s selfish to pray for what we want? How can we even know what our heart’s desires are?
- How do we pray for ourselves?
- How do we summon our dead and ask for their help?
- How do we pray for others? The Love Loving Love meditation
Prayer Artist prayer: “Sometimes I Pray”
Prayers you will create: a heart’s desire statement, a summoning prayer for the dead
Experience 5: Share the experience of praying for our own heart’s desires and praying for someone else, Journey to receive your WitchArt gift of prayer
CLOSING CEREMONY AND CELEBRATION
Prayer intensives in the Theatre of the Miraculous always conclude with a mystical party, a delightful celebration created by the members as we share their discoveries, creative expressions, and gifts. In our celebration for Original Prayer, we will share our prayers, prayer practices, prayer art—anything and everything that has emerged as we embrace our sacred WitchArt of Original Prayer.
What will you receive?
Invitations to 19 live gatherings on Zoom: Opening and Closing Ceremonies, 5 Learning Gatherings, 5 Experiential journeys, Equinox Ceremony, Total Solar Eclipse, and 5 Witch Café Story Salons
Access to a password-protected Resource Page with recordings of all gatherings in both video and audio formats, plus a feast of support materials:
Getting Started PDFs
- Welcome Handbook—introduction, bios, Mystica InnerVersity, Theatre of the Miraculous, The Witch Sequence, Origina: The Memory of Prayer
- Labyrinth Handbook—articles, examples, history, seed pattern, bibliography
- Prayer Handbook—anointing and many other prayers
- How to make a 7-circuit labyrinth
- Seed Pattern
- The Witch Sequence labyrinth
- Janet and Cathy on The Witch Sequence: 7 WitchArt gifts, 7 chakras, 7 oracles
- Janet and Cathy on How to Draw a 7-Circuit Labyrinth
- Emma Kupu Mitchell and Janet on Pythagoras’ Karmic Numbers
- Emma Kupu Mitchell on Becoming Anointing Oil
- Emma and Geralyn Camarillo on our Witch Pendulum
- Janet, Cathy, and Suzi von Mensenkampff on Choosing your Familiar
- Marcia Wade, Cathy, and Janet on the Draconis Constellation
- Emma, Cathy, and Janet on Dragons in your Natal Chart
- Jennifer Catalano and Cathy on the 7 notes of the labyrinth Crystal Tones Alchemy Bowls
- Kahu Lāhela Johnson on Hana I Ka Pono
- Janet on 7 Steps to Get into Theta plus 25-minute theta music audio
- and more as the intensive unfolds
Members can purchase a wide range of materials Cathy Stevens Pratt and other artists have created for The Witch Sequence:
- A.R.T. 3 journal created by Cathy Stevens Pratt
- Posters of Origina, the other Oracles, Archangel Luci, Michael, Draconis and more
- 50” The Witch Sequence cloth
- a whole host of items in Cathy’s Zazzle store
- handmade rosaries or chaplets by Geralyn Camarillo and Cathy Stevens Pratt
- Becoming Oil, spritzer, and candle by Emma Kupu Mitchell
- Witch Pendulum by Geralyn Camarillo
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group—optional
A.R.T. 3 gathers in the Theatre of the Miraculous for 77 days with 19 scheduled gatherings, plus more spontaneous prayer circles. The scheduled gatherings are:
2 opening and closing ceremonies
5 learning gatherings
5 experiential journeys
5 conversations in The Witch Café (plus more after we end)
1 Aries Equinox ceremony
1 Solar Eclipse experience
Learning Gatherings and Open and Closing ceremonies meet on Sundays from 2-4:15 pm Eastern
Experiences meet on the Thursday after each Learning Gathering at 2pm Eastern (dates and times can change at the request of members)
Note that daylight savings time in the US and Canada starts March 10 and in Europe on March 31
You will receive agenda emails with the times for each gathering
Equinox is on Tuesday, March 19 and our ceremony will be at 2 pm Eastern
Total Solar Eclipse is on April 8 and we’ll gather at 1 or 2 pm Eastern
2pm Eastern = 1p Central, 12 Mountain, 11a Pacific, 9a HI (8a with time change), 3p Atlantic, 7p UK, 8p EU, 9p Eastern Europe, 10p Middle East. Monday morning in the Pacific Rim. Check the time in your home on the world clock.
Sun Feb 18 Opening Ceremony
Sun Feb 25 Learning Gathering 1—Who
Sun March 10 Learning Gathering 2—Where
Tues March 19 Equinox Ceremony
Sun March 24 Learning Gathering 3—What
Sun April 7 Learning Gathering 4—Why
Mon April 8 Solar Eclipse
Sun April 21 Learning Gathering 5—How
Sun May 5 Closing Celebration
Experiential Journeys meet on the Thursday after the learning gathering for a little over an hour.
Thurs Feb 29 Journey to meet your Beloved Who
Thurs March 14 Journey to remember Where you prayed
Thurs March 28 Experience to infuse something with prayer
Thurs April 11 Past life journey to remember Why we forgive
Thurs April 25 Journey to receive your WitchArt gift of prayer
Witches Café Story Salons are hosted on different days and at different times by different people to give everyone a chance to participate. They are not recorded. These chats are the beating heart of The Witch Sequence.
Optional Prayer Circles will arise as people feel led. Everyone is invited to A Witches Rosary Circle honoring Joan of Arc on Mondays from 2-3pm hosted by The Way of the Rose and Migdalah Speaks, We Pray hosted at Wendy Flaherty Spiritual Companion from 2-2:30pm on Wednesdays. In addition, we’ll have at least one Stella Maris 9-day half hour novena and one or more 108 bead Sanskrit mala chant.
Your investment in this 77-day radical prayer intensive is based on the sacred number of the Witch—27—multiplied by one of Pythagoras’ four karmic numbers: 13, 14, 16, 19.
Want to know more? Emma Kupu Mitchell recorded a bonus video about these numbers.
Choose 19 witches if this is your First A.R.T. intensive
19 reduces to 1—the Magician in Tarot. Of course!
19 x 27 = $513 or $6.66/day—a little anti-patriarchy joke from witches of old
Choose 16 witches if you were in A.R.T. 1 OR A.R.T. 2 (not both)
16 is the Tower crumbling but also Magdalen the Tower beckoning to us from the labyrinth.
16 reduces to 7, the number in The Witch Sequence!
16 x 27 = $432 or $5.61/day—12 the Hanged WoMan, a sacred totem in Original Prayer
Choose 14 witches if you were in BOTH A.R.T. 1 and A.R.T. 2
14 is Art in the Thoth Tarot, how perfect is that. Sabin Bailey says 14 is “Joan’s card”
14 x 27 = $378 or $4.91/day—14 again, looks like Joan doubly approves!
Choose 13 witches if you require a self-selected scholarship
13 is Her sacred number, so terrifying patriarchy made it the Death card in Tarot.
13 x 27 = $351 or $4.56/day—15 a card patriarchy changed from joyful Pan to evil Devil.
But it reduces to 6, the Lovers. The first new definition of prayer is “love songs” so this is perfect!
If you wish to support Janet in offering scholarships, please consider adding a $54 donation—2 witches—to your registration.
$ 513 if this is your FIRST A.R.T. intensive
$ 432 if you were in A.R.T. 1 OR A.R.T. 2—not both
$ 378 if you were in BOTH A.R.T. 1 and A.R.T 2
$ 351 self-selected scholarship
$54 additional donation for scholarships
You’ll be falling in love with the Memory of Original Prayer with:
I am a prayer artist, mystic witch, creator in the Theatre of the Miraculous, and mistress of the Threshold—the mystical theta brain wave state. But first and always, a devoted daughter of the Sacred Feminine. My first book, Writing Down Your Soul, was a surprising success and led to The Lotus and The Lily, Soul Vows, and more. All that was only the warmup. In the dark on February 24, 2018, my beloved voice whispered prayer artist in my left ear. I knew prayer artist would change everything, but I said yes anyway. I began writing a new genre of prayer, redefining prayer, and offering radical prayer intensives. Two years later, witch arrived via a stunning endorsement from Rabbi Tirzah Firestone. I was ecstatic. My agent was not. I ended that relationship to follow witch where she wanted to go. She knew exactly what she wanted: transmute witch from a word that strikes terror, back into an honorific that awakens a bone-deep memory of being revered for our spiritual gifts.
I trust witch. I trusted her when she asked me to create The Return of the Witches Jeanne d’Arc Listening Pilgrimage. I trusted her when she asked for a year-long mystery school Re-membering the Songlines of the Witches. I trusted her when she gave me my witch name: Whalebone and my witch medicine: sing the song of the whole and holy witch. I trusted her she insisted I gather a team to create The A.R.T. of Becoming a Witch: How to Awaken, Remember, and Trust Your Body’s Natural Intuitive Senses. In the midst of that intensive, witch showed me to that A.R.T. wasn’t one intensive; it was the first of 7 in The Witch Sequence—an 7-circuit labyrinth walk to awaken all 7 of our original sacramental gifts. As my collaborators and I listened intently to what wanted to be created, we began to see a sacred purpose far beyond anything we could imagine. We are here to walk this path, embody these 7 sacred gifts, and become whole and holy witches. This is how we heal the wasteland.
To do this profound witch work, I need massive amounts of time in silence and mystical theta. I think that’s why witch is holding me in Ozona, a tiny village on the Gulf of Mexico where I am surrounded by screeching ospreys, swooping woodstorks, and one very precious redtail hawk.
Cathy Stevens Pratt
Once upon a time a little girl knew she was a witch. She lived with impenetrable corn fields on all sides. Sneezing and eating corn, I played in the magical woods, prayed the rosary walking around the pond with my grandmother, and made magical potions with my cat. Catholic school happened. I got a degree in art and morphed into a professional graphic designer and illustrator. I lived my life as a respectable adult pumping out work in the advertising and design industry for years. That was not my ideal life so I turned into a freelance artist and hit the road with my partner. We lived and worked all over this country for 10 years saving our money and seeing what we could see.
Moving around taught me people are good and reminded me what I know in my bones: that the world is alive. Everything is alive. The trees, rocks, plants, creatures, clouds and stars all speak to me when I listen.
Now I am an artist, mom, partner, and creator, living on the dark side of a gentle mountain in the middle of sweet Vermont. Here trees fall, winds howl, winter is brutal, summer is vibrant, water trickles and rages, and I am visited by many woodland creatures. The combination of being surrounded by wild beauty and a daily practice of Deep Soul Writing opened me to listen to my voices and to see images in the unseen realms. Images come from time spent in my forest cathedral outdoors and mix into my interior imaginal realm. My art studio is my inner void; that’s where the paintings emerge. This sacred art is not mine; it comes through me. I simply receive, then pick up pens, brushes, paint, ground lichen or walnut husks, and make those images real.
Besides my art method changing completely over the last few years, deep inner work opened the door to sharing what I know in my bones of the stories of the Tarot. I’ve lived lives where I was tortured and killed because I shared my inner knowing. Moving through that fear and anger, all the way to forgiveness with Janet Conner and her teachings and community, has changed my life. The fear is gone! My once hidden cards are out in the light of day, whispering their messages in readings for individuals and groups. This makes me very happy.
My creations include custom rosaries and malas. I use my intuition to choose beads, talismans, outdoor objects etc., so I can support you in expressing your deepest devotions and desires. I also needlefelt mystical dolls who bring magic, strength, humor, and inspiration to those the dolls are made for. The dolls are created around a curated medicine bundle with wool and treasures from the woods. Dolls and rosaries are prayers in fiber and beads and they are powerful. Supporting others in their personal and creative journeys gives me great joy.
And other witches contributing to Original Prayer:
|The ART of Becoming a Witch 3 Prayer Intensive
$513 if this is your FIRST A.R.T. intensive, $432 if you were in A.R.T. 1 OR A.R.T. 2—not both, $378 if you were in BOTH A.R.T. 1 and A.R.T 2, $351 self-selected scholarship, $54 additional donation for scholarships