On Demand: The ART of Becoming a Witch Prayer Intensive
What is The A.R.T. of Becoming a Witch prayer intensive?
This prayer intensive positively explodes the meaning of the words prayer or intensive. This isn’t news, really. We’ve been stretching what’s possible in each successive intensive since the first in 2018. And whether you’ve followed that trail with me and discovered the radical magic that happens in the Theatre of the Miraculous, or are discovering the world of prayer intensives for the first time, you are welcome here.
You’re here for a reason. Someone called you. Someone nudged you. Someone invisible. Someone who loves you and knows you’re ready to begin to see and hear what the world does not want you to see and hear. Someone who knows that The Age of Aquarius is at hand and you are needed. You have a part to play. A part you’ve been waiting your whole life to say yes to.
Take your time perusing this page. My witch-magician friends, plant whisperer Emma Kupu Mitchell, mediums Suzi von Mensenkampff and Ramzi Cheety, and sacred image artist, Cathy Pratt, and I created this page to paint as accurate a picture as we can of an experience for which there is no precedence. In one way, I can describe it simply. You will invite your 3-year-old self to awaken from her long slumber under patriarchal left-brain conditioning and return to help you remember what she always knew: the world is alive. Or, I can say it’s about learning principles of mediumship, mastery of the mystical theta brain wave state, how to communicate with plants and animals, astral projection, calling the dead, and trusting your guidance. Both descriptions are accurate. In fact, they’re the same thing. Your greatest teacher in The A.R.T of Becoming a Witch is yourself, your sweet, playful, pre-programmed child-self.
In this intensive, you will meet and learn from brilliant witch-magicians. And experiment with their ideas on your own and in small self-selected groups. There will be massive support materials on the resource page and additional opportunities to gather in small groups to talk about your experiences.
Experience is the key word. You will learn much, but the real learning is in the doing, the experimenting, the experiencing for yourself that the world is conscious, alive, and waiting to meet you once you have eyes that see what is not and ears that hear what is not.
Witches, Magicians, and Familiars. Oh My!
Ever since Rabbi Tirzah Firestone sent an endorsement calling me a “prayer artist, scholar, and 21st century witch,” I have dedicated myself to transmuting this word away from the patriarchal definition of evil old hag back to its original meaning: a beautiful wise woman exhibiting her sacramental gifts. Eventually, I arrived at this definition: A witch is a spiritually independent woman who prays in the thresholds between worlds. But there’s always more, isn’t there.
On February 18, the members of Songlines gathered for a dark moon ceremony to meet Our Lady. And seer Sabin Bailey, who has the richest relationship with Our Lady of anyone I’ve ever known, showed us the Tarot cards Our Lady had chosen. The first was 1 The Magician. Sabin said, “The Magician is the Witch card.” Then she said, “Every prayer is a spell.” In that moment, my two callings—prayer artist and mystic witch—merged into one. And the Sacred Feminine, to whom I have been devoted for 9 years, arrived with a new name and radiant face: Our Lady, Queen of Magicians. Immediately, She began to talk. She dictated the new anointing, and began feeding me instructions on what we need to step into the fullness of our Witch-Magician selves.
One of her instructions is to invite everyone to bring their Familiar to every gathering and begin to have daily conversations. My Familiar is Hyldemoer of Wyrd, who is always on my altar. And who has plenty to say! Who is yours? Your Familiar might be a figure you love, an animal guide, a doll, a stone…there is no end to who it might be. Look around. Notice who’s there. Ask who wants to be your companion throughout this intensive. Then, bring your friend to our Opening Ceremony for a Blessing of the Familiars.
“For if we should recapture the response of the heart to what is presented to the senses, go below the surface of sensory inputs to what is held inside them, touch again the ‘metaphysical background’ that expresses them, we would begin to experience, once more, the world as it really is: alive, aware, interactive, communicative, filled with soul, and very, very intelligent—and we, only one tiny part of that vast scenario.” Stephen Harrod Buhner, Plant Intelligence
- The world is a Who—everything is alive, aware, conscious, intelligent and communicating
- Our child-self remembers that we are born mystics, able to see what is not visible and communicate with plants, animals, rocks, and invisible beings like angels and ancestors
- The imaginal realm is real, vibrant, and present within the physical realm
- We can train ourselves to access the imaginal in the mystical theta brainwave state
- A witch is a penultimate magician—the person needed most at this transition of human epochs
- All prayers are spells
Why now and why us?
We stand at the threshold of civilizational change. One human epoch is melting away, another is being born. In this birth canal, the crusty old patriarchal standards of judgment, hierarchy, and domination are dying to make room for a new way of living in harmony with Mother Earth and all Her creatures. The tide can no longer be pushed back or ignored. Too many of us have opened our eyes and peeled away the lies that religion, government, culture, and commerce have told us about who we are and how we are to live in a world they divided into winners—themselves—and losers—everyone and everything else. We speak of this new way of living as “The Age of Aquarius.” And it is we, the witches and magicians called to remember just how intelligent and creative our beautiful bodies are, who will birth and nurture and love this age into fullness.
What are your 5 natural intuitive senses?
You’ve heard the words clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance, and know they mean clear seeing, clear hearing, clear feeling, and clear knowing in French. But you’ve probably wondered what they really are, and why it seems so difficult to develop them—never mind rely on and trust them. You might have also heard of bi-location, although most of us assume only very holy beings can be in two places at once. (Cue World War II pilots seeing Padre Pio flying in the sky with his hand out, blocking them from dropping their bombs!) But these capabilities are neither rare or foreign. They are actually how we are wired as human animals walking an alive and vibrant Earth. You instinctively know this is. Somewhere in your body, your three-year-old self is still there, remembering that animals can talk and people can fly.
During our 12 weeks together, we will explore all five mystical senses, each one for two weeks filled with fun experiments. Once we know how to see with all our eyes and hear with all our ears and feel with our entire body, we will awake to a world overflowing with wonder, magic, and aliveness. And we will celebrate our beautiful brilliant bodies—just as Our Lady, Queen of Magicians made us.
Your five Natural Intuitive Senses are:
- Blind Vision—see what you do not see
- Silent Listening—hear what you do not hear
- Touchless Touch—feel what you do not feel
- Unconscious Knowing—know what you do not know
- Time-less Travel—be where you are not
What will we explore together?
Opening Ceremony—the awakening begins
The Moment: Cosmythologist Marcia Wade and Shamanic Astrologer Emma Kupu Mitchell will inaugurate our intensive by reminding us that powerful cosmic being are present and supporting us throughout this 80-day window and beyond as we re-member who we really are.
The Meaning: Janet will talk about our sacred purpose in this time of transition
The Goddess: We will welcome Our Lady, Queen of Magicians, a new and most precious emanation of the Eternal Feminine, and Aurora, our witch-magician mirror, through the eyes of sacred portrait artist, Cathy Pratt
The Anointing: Emma will describe the oil Mary Magdalene, Madame Pele, and Black Moon Lilith dictated and Cathy will share what Black Moon Lilith told her. Janet will share how she received A Magician’s Anointing Spell, how radically different this is from all previous anointings, and lead us in our first anointing
A Blessing of the Familiars: Janet will lead us in welcoming our Familiars in the Theatre of the Miraculous and talk about how they will accompany us throughout this intensive
Our Witch-Magicians: our guides will introduce themselves with stories of their initiation into their mystic witch intuitive capacities
We Begin: Surrounded by love, we will have our first A.R.T. experience
Five Intuitive Sense Gatherings
Each intuitive sense gathering will include:
Open the curtains in the Theatre of the Miraculous and create sacred safe space with ritual
Invocation—Our Lady, Queen of Magicians, Archangels Luci and Michael, our Mystic Families, and Joan of Arc
Blessing—our A.R.T. altars and Familiars with Becoming oil, spritzer, candle
Anointing—A Magician’s Anointing Spell
Open portal to a natural intuitive sense
Stories from our guides that illustrate that this intuitive sense is real and trustworthy
Teachings on how to awaken, remember, and trust this sense
Exercises to experiment with this sense first as a whole group and then in breakout groups
Closing experience of this sense in the Theatre of the Miraculous
Close the curtains with prayer
Gathering 1: Blind Vision—see what you do not see
mediums, Suzi von Menzenkampff and Ramzi Cheety
Her Sacred Image artist, Cathy Pratt
- realize how little of the full spectrum of light humans see in comparison to other animals, and what we can learn from creatures who see so much more
- explore our multiple eyes within and outside our bodies
- experiment with how to drop into the mystical theta brainwave state and see beyond what our physical eyes perceive
Gathering 2: Silent Listening— hear what you do not hear
mystic witch and prayer artist, Janet Conner
plant whisperer and sacred sound healer, Emma Kupu Mitchell
- consider the vast hearing capabilities of our animal, plant, and rock friends
- explore the diverse location of “ears” in, outside, and around our bodies, especially the thymus
- explore endless ways to “hear” including soul writing, morning theta, dreaming, external and internal voices, silent voices, messages within or under physical sounds like birdsong, and many more
- begin a relationship by dropping anthropocentric assumptions, stepping into another being’s presence with humility, asking if they’d like to share their song, and offering gratitude
- discover who is speaking and trust what you are “hearing”
Gathering 3: Touchless touch— feel what you do not feel
mediums, Suzi von Menzenkampff and Ramzi Cheety
Hawaiian Shaman, Kahu Lāhela Johnson
- what we can learn from the Hawaiian shamanic tradition and all indigenous traditions about the body as a total, brilliant, reliable brain
- consider the endless receptors animals use to perceive their environment
- explore how your body perceives: gut feeling, intuition, smell, queasiness, anxiety, chicken skin…everyone has multiple sensors for yes, no, pay attention
- discover what your body knows that you do not; how to feel the energy of a room, a place, a person, a moment, a possibility—and trust what you feel
Gathering 4: Unconscious Knowing— know what you do not know
mediums, Suzi von Menzenkampff and Ramzi Cheety
- consider the mystical paradox of unconscious knowing by surrendering the need to know and stepping into the limitless potential of unknowing
- explore how mediums practice perceiving messages through all portals: sight, sound, feeling, smelling…
- practice psychic readings with one another
- discuss how to trust what you perceive
Gathering 5: Time-less travel—be where you are not
medium, Suzi von Menzenkampff, who studied astral travel through Robert Monroe, Deepak Chopra, and Yogananda
mystic witch, Janet Conner, who has often commanded dead people and animal guides to appear—and they have appeared
- stories of people being seen and heard where they are not from mystics of all traditions
- experiment with calling someone or something to be somewhere they are not and make themselves known
- ask your three-year-old self to invite you to return to your bedroom, closet, favorite toy…
- gather as a community in Cathy’s Journey Cave and share what we experience and see there
- mirror Aurora: stretch our branches up and roots down to connect with ley-lines of the earth and light-lines of the air
- in guided meditation with Suzi, we will press a magic button on google earth, and ask Mother Earth where she’d like us to go, then go!
Closing Celebration—celebrate all we have awakened, remembered, and learned to trust
Prayer intensives in the Theatre of the Miraculous always conclude with a mystical party, a celebration created by the members. These celebrations are delicious ecstatic experiences. And this one! Given our intention to awaken our witch-magician capabilities, to walk the world in the mystical theta brain wave state, to remember our brilliant three-year old selves…who knows how magical this celebration will be. We know one thing. It will be epic!
What will you receive?
Seven 2 ¼ hour live gatherings with prayer artist and mystic witch Janet Conner, mediums Suzi von Menzenkampff and Ramzi Cheety, plant whisperer and sacred sound healer Emma Kupu Mitchell, sacred portrait artist and voice of Archangel Michael Cathy Pratt, and several special guest teachers.
Access to a password-protected resource page with recordings of all gatherings in both video and audio formats, plus:
- Welcome Handbook PDF including background information, introduction to familiars, extensive bibliography, and suggestions on how to form small practice pods
- Prayer Handbook PDF with our core A.R.T prayers
Bonus Videos to Meet Our Witch-Magician Guides as they tell the story of how and when they first realized magic is real:
- Emma Kupu Mitchell—near-death experience at 21
- Ramzi Cheety—saw himself living in Canada and speaking English while he was living in war torn Lebanon speaking Arabic
- Suzi von Menzenkampff—demanded “If you want me to go to America on retreat, send a neon sign.” 15 minutes later the phone rang
- Janet Conner—when her ex-husband died she prayed, “You can do for us there what you couldn’t do here.” Her family and therapist told her to stop “magical thinking.” But she kept praying. One month later a life insurance check arrived for $322,000
- Cathy Pratt—experienced switching bodies with a young boy, then found the boy and his house in real life
Bonus Videos on Foundational Practices
- Introduction on safety protocols for yourself and others
- Cathy Pratt on how to create your own sacred and safe Journey Cave—a place you can go every day to meet your guides and from there travel anywhere at all
- Emma Kupu Mitchell and Janet Conner on protocols to commune with a plant or animal being
- Suzi von Mensenkampff on inexplicable mystical adventures in Bhutan and Ireland that put her psychic gifts into context
- Seven Steps to Get into Theta by Janet Conner
Bonus Videos on the Anointing
- Janet Conner on A Magician’s Anointing Spell
- Emma Kupu Mitchell on the Becoming Anointing Oil
Support Materials on our 5 intuitive senses
- bonus videos on each of the 5 intuitive senses
- PDFs with both individual and small group exercises on each sense
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group (optional)
|The ART of Becoming a Witch Prayer Intensive|
$432 if this is your first intensive in 2023, $324 if you were in Archangel Luci and Archangel Michael Speak or Songlines, $216 self-selected scholarship