The Radical Path of Shechinah Revealed in the Tree of Life Prayer Intensive
What is The Radical Path of Shechinah Revealed in the Tree of Life prayer intensive?
Welcome to the first prayer intensive on the mystical system known as Kabbalah or Tree of Life with Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, psychotherapist, spiritual leader, and author of groundbreaking books on the vibrant presence of Shechinah—the Feminine Face of God—so long ignored in Jewish mysticism.
Despite what you may have heard, the ancient Jewish mystical tradition embodies a holistic approach to life, balanced in masculine and feminine sensibilities. Both of these creative energies are alive in each of us—female and male. But for millennia, the mystical traditions of all faiths equated the masculine principle with a “superior” orientation of heaven over earth and intellect over body. The feminine principle, however, has a strong earthy orientation, honoring the beauty and divinity in the physical world, in our luscious senses, and in our daily experiences of life.
The good news is you do not have to choose one over the other. In this rare intensive, you will learn to see the mystical truth of Kabbalah with newly balanced eyes. Under the brilliant loving guidance of Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, we will explore together the inherent balance in the original teachings and learn both ancient prayers and modern body-centric ways to experience the mystical equilibrium of the Divine Feminine dancing in harmony with the Sacred Masculine in our bodies and in our lives.
Who is Shechinah?
Every culture has special names or faces for the Divine Feminine. You may know Her as Shakti, Qi, Holy Spirit, Black Madonna, Our Lady, Tara, Madame Pele—any of thousands of names. In the ancient Jewish tradition, Her name is Shechinah. It is She who arrives on Friday evening as women light Shabbat candles. She who is present when you pray. She you will embody in this intensive.
Why does this intensive matter now?
The large body of esoteric teachings known as Kabbalah overflows with innately rich and balanced wisdom. However, because it has been strictly guarded for centuries—translated and transmitted exclusively by and for men—the Kabbalah has acquired a rigid outer shell, making her teachings and practices impenetrable and inaccessible to those who have not had the privilege of studying them.
In our amazing era, women are now studying and translating holy texts, stepping forward, like Rabbi Tirzah, to lead congregations and communities, and gathering together in intimate groups and public forums to draw deeply from the pre-patriarchal essence of this profound mystical tradition. At last, the Kabbalah and Her practices are fully available to all women—Jewish and non-Jewish alike.
And thank Goddess, because we are all now called to create a world in which the Divine Feminine and Sacred Masculine walk side-by-side, in balance, justice, harmony, and love. Kabbalah and Shechinah will show us how to do that.
What will you explore?
It takes a lifetime to open to the depth and breadth of the wisdom of the ancient mystical system of Kabbalah. This intensive is an introduction, a taste, a first step in a life-long dance with Shechinah and with your sacred self. To assist us in opening to such a vast mystical teaching, Rabbi Tirzah will guide us into the Tree of Life and its 10 Sephirot—portals to divine energies—through the window of 3 triangles that generate equilibrium in your Middle Channel (Sushumna or Kundalini path) marked in bold. We will explore one triangle each week.
The Triangle of Embodiment—Malchut (queenship), Yesod (personhood), Netzach (inspiration), Hod (implementation)
- how to ground yourself on Mother Earth and in your body so your body is a clear vessel for Her
- how to care for and tend your beautiful vessel
- how to implement your big dreams
The Triangle of Balance—Chesed (lovingkindness), Gevurah (boundaries), Tif’eret (beauty)
- how to find your own unique balance between giving and receiving
- how to release old wounds so you can say the sacred “no”
- how to live your innermost truth as you navigate the world
The Triangle of Divine Imagination—Chochmah (wisdom), Binah (discernment), Keter (cosmic power)
- how to open your crown to receive creative seeds in prayers, dreams, ideas…
- how to bring your creative seeds to life
- understanding the Divine needs us in order to embody truth and beauty in this world
What will you experience?
- 3 meditations to open your Middle Channel through which prophecy and Spirit flows
- the living presence of Shechinah, the Divine Feminine, in you, your body, your life
- a personal relationship with ancient Jewish mystical teachings
- short ancient prayer chants for each triangle in the Tree of Life
- what happens when you chant prayers in Hebrew, their original sacred sound language
- self-discovery as you explore your personal, colorful Tree of Life
- manifesting the sacred marriage of the Divine Feminine and Sacred Masculine in your body and in your life
Who will benefit?
The Radical Path of Shechinah Revealed in the Tree of Life is ideal for you if you wish to:
- Explore the wonders of the pre-patriarchal holistic mystical tradition of Kabbalah
- Welcome and recognize the presence of Shechinah in your body and in your life
- Open and strengthen your intuitive channel
- Discover what happens when you chant ancient alchemical prayer in their native Hebrew
- Work intimately with Rabbi Tirzah without traveling or leaving home
- Deepen your relationship with the Divine Feminine by all Her Names
What will you receive?
Four 2 ¼ hour recorded sessions with prayer artist, Janet Conner and Rabbi Tirzah Firestone including a closing mystical celebration.
Access to a password-protected resource page with recordings of all sessions in both video and audio formats, PDF handbooks, bonus videos and audios, and a link to purchase the Sacred Anointing Oil (optional)
Bonus videos will include a video with Rabbi Tirzah on how to pronounce words and chants in Hebrew, a video with Emma Kupu Mitchell on the divine feminine guidance that created the sacred Tree of Life anointing oil, and a teaching video with Janet Conner on how to deep soul write in the mystical theta brainwave state.
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group (optional)