Free Your Voice On Demand Prayer Intensive
What is the Free Your Voice prayer intensive?
Free Your Voice is a unique prayer intensive with the sacred intention to honor our long-silenced voices and free them to speak the truth that is waiting to be heard—the truth that can and will heal us both as individuals and as a society. In the Theatre of the Miraculous, where deep freedom is always possible, we will dance in the mystical convergence of radical prayer, the loving presence and encouragement of the ancestors, the painful residue of three thousand years of suppression of the feminine, and the healing power of awakening our own creative voices so we can contribute our sacred medicine to the healing of our world. There is nothing more important or more freeing right now that to know your truth, speak your truth, and live your truth.
“[D]eeply embedded in Western culture are the mechanisms that silence women.”
Women and Power: A Manifesto
Mary Beard, Professor of Classics, University of Cambridge
The essential question, the first question, the question that must be answered is: what has silenced you? We will examine these insidious mechanisms and the seemingly benign forms they take in society that zaps our energy and creativity. “Oh, that’s just the way things are.” These forces are everywhere. They were seeded initially in patriarchal religion but quickly became the cultural norms. They taint our relationships, our work, and even the value we place on ourselves. We will explore some of the ways and conditions under which we have succumbed to, and even colluded with, these forces, allowing them to reshape or repress our voices, leaving the truth that lies within us unheard and unspoken.
“If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you,
what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”
Gospel of Thomas: verse 70
What do we have inside us that could be of such significance and calamitous strength that it contains the potential to either save us or destroy us? And in turn, save or destroy the world? How we answer these questions, will be unique to each of us.
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action,
and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.
And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
If everyone has a voice, if everyone has sacred medicine that they alone can contribute to the healing of our world, what is yours to contribute? And how and where and when can you activate your creative voice and bring it alive? And what magic will happen when you do?
What will we explore together?
Week 1 Physical Voice—strengthen your physical muscles
We will begin by exploring the mystery and magic of your physical voice, how it is structured, and the mechanics of how the voice works.
- What is really going on when you open your mouth and shape air to make sound?
- We will learn vocal exercises from Sharla Nafziger, a professional voice teacher and classical singer in New York, along with rich Qigong breathing and Vagus Nerve practices with Cameron Altaras.
- Once you have a sense for your beautiful instrument, we will explore how to use it, strengthen it, and fall in love with it.
Physical Voice prayer: Vagus Nerve Tapping Chant
Week 2 Truth Voice—awaken your metaphysical muscles
We will explore the chasm between the truth that wants to be spoken and the forces that have kept us silent.
- Following a trail of brilliant feminist theory, we will take a deep breath and open Pandora’s box to discover the insidious systemic structures of religious, social, cultural, and philosophical frameworks that have historically silenced us and continue unabated.
- In sharp contrast, we will explore what wants to be heard and wants to be said, because keeping silent in the face of your truth “will destroy you.”
- Together, we will discover that as we build our truth-telling muscles, even in the smallest of ways, the energy of our lives begins to shift and we discover the reality of the perennial saying, “the truth will set you free.”
Truth Voice prayer: Freedom Anointing
Special Hana I Ka Pono prayer gathering: Kahu Lāhela Johnson will help us energetically free our voices in a special Saturday session
Week 3 Ancestral Voice—remember your mystical muscles
We are now strong enough to invite our ancestral voices to come and reveal to us the long story of our soul.
- We will explore the epigenetic residue of the horrific silencing sanctioned by religions, cultures, and governments culminating in atrocities such as the witch hunts, honor killings, slavery, femicide, and genocide.
- We will invoke the silenced ancestral voices we carry within us to be freed and heard and spoken at last.
- We will discover that when we speak for those who could not, we set their voices free and in so doing, free our own.
Ancestral Voice prayer: Mystic Family Call
Week 4 Creative Voice—flexing your artistic muscles
Finally, we open to the most radical voice in the world, the voice that refuses to succumb or submit, the voice that will not stay quiet: your beautiful, holy, creative voice. We will do this in three rather exciting steps: recognize what is, undo it, create an alternative.
- You will begin by identifying in deep soul writing something that has kept you silenced or repressed.
- Then you will experiment with undoing it, unraveling it, laying it open to be seen for what it really is and the harm it has done.
- Then you will play with redoing it in ways that empower your voice. That might look like rewriting a prayer or remaking a symbol or image. It might be a dance (Martha would be proud!) or take a form you can’t right now even imagine.
Creative Voice prayer: Chant of the Artist (a simple but powerful two-line prayer)
We will complete our delicious exploration of freedom in the Theatre of the Miraculous by gathering to celebrate our new voices and declaring that each of our voices matters. Then, in Her holy hands, we will watch as our voices ripple into the world in waves of hope and possibility.
What will you receive?
Invitation to all 6 live gatherings
Access to a password-protected resource page with recordings of all sessions in both video and audio formats plus bonus videos from Sharla Nafziger to help you strengthen your physical voice. You will also receive a Welcome Handbook with introductions from all the guides and our extensive bibliography and a Prayer Handbook with our four Free Your Voice prayer practices. You will also receive a handbook PDF each week with information, critical quotes, and deep soul writing prompts to explore and strengthen that week’s voice. In addition, you will receive PDFs or videos of several of Janet and Cameron’s prayers and poems.
Membership in a private Facebook discussion group (optional).
If you require financial assistance, Cameron and Janet invite you to choose the self-selected scholarship option.
If you do not require a scholarship and wish to support this initiative which has made it possible for hundreds of people to join Janet’s intensives, please consider adding a scholarship to your regular registration.
|Free Your Voice Prayer Intensive|
$222, $177, $123